|Annah||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Dak'kon||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Grace||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Ignus||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Morte||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Nordom||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Vhailor||Conversation guide / Banter|
Dak'kon, like the other companions, speaks at random intervals to acknowledge his selection, to announce that he has leveled up, to express his mood or feelings about the other companions, to complain about missing his target while attacking, to warn that he is about to die, or simply to show that he is bored. He also has some conversations with other companions.
Dak'kon is voiced by Mitch Pileggi.
Note: Banter with other companions in the original game is rare and it is possible to miss the vast majority of it (only 12 out of the 78 fully-voiced banters play). Qwinn's Tweak Pack contains a banter accelerator that fixes this problem, allowing most of the conversations to appear in one playthrough. Banter is usually initiated after resting or travelling.
Voice files[edit | edit source]
- Selection: "Endure. In enduring grow strong.", "I hear your words.", "I will hear you.", "Balance in All Things", "It is I."
- Command: "Your path is mine.", "I shall serve.", "Your will be done."
- Removed from party: "I... shall leave."
- Tired: "I must rest."
- Bored pronouncement: "Time is precious. Let us not squander it here."
- Level Up: "In knowing the teachings of Zerthimon I have become stronger."
When the player repeatedly selects him (such as hitting the number keys over and over):
- "Your reasons for your incessant clicking are not *known* to me."
- "The flesh knows that it suffers, even when the mind does not."
- "On the Blasted Plains, Zerthimon told Gith that there cannot be two skies. In the wake of his words, came war."
- "*Zerths* are those that know the words of Zerthimon. They protect the githzerai communities against all threats: whether to the body, or to the spirit." (Vanilla game, replaced with line below in the Unfinished Business mod. Used in restored banter with Grace instead.)
- "I regret nothing." (with the Unfinished Business mod)
Combat comments[edit | edit source]
- Critical miss: "...Tachia's' folly"
- Critical hit: "The Karach sings true."
- Attack: "Vilquar's Eye"
- Damaged: "Ach'ali Drowning."
- Appeal: "I am wounded."
- Target immune to weapon: "My weapon is having no effect."
As a spell caster, Dak'kon has a couple of spellcasting voice files:
- "There cannot be two skies" (pronouncement of Zerthimon),
- "In Zerthimon's name."
Upon the Nameless One's death:
- "So again it has come to pass."
Upon the Nameless One's resurrection:
- "You have awakened."
- "Are you well?"
- "Shall we proceed?"
Equipment comments[edit | edit source]
- Inventory full, item dropped: "I had no room to carry that. I had to drop it."
- Encumbered, cannot run: "I cannot run while I am carrying all this."
- Encumbered, cannot move: "I am carrying too much weight to move."
- Bash successful: "Opened."
- Bash failed: "I cannot force this."
Due to the bonding of his self to his blade and armor, Dak'kon has a few files that activate if the player attempts to remove them, and when the blade levels up:
- Removing weapon: "The blade will not exist if it is taken from me."
- Removing weapon: "The karach blade is tied to me. Neither may exist without the other."
- Removing armor: "This ceremonial armor is the symbol of a *zerth*. I will not part with it."
- Weapon level up: "My blade has changed."
- Weapon level up: "My blade has shifted."
Location remarks[edit | edit source]
- Rubikon: "This is Limbo yet it rings of Mechanus."
- Fortress of Regrets: "I have been here before. This time I will not leave."
Dak'kon and Fall-from-Grace[edit | edit source]
- Grace: Your combat skills are most impressive, Dak'kon.
- Dak'kon: They are but specks upon Zerthimon's path.
- Grace: Your mastery of discipline is impressive, Dak'kon.
- Dak'kon: In the eyes of Zerthimon, I am nothing.
- Grace: Surely you are being too harsh on yourself.
- Dak'kon: A long road must I still travel. This is but the beginning.
Unused files[edit | edit source]
There are many files that were created for the game and never used, files that are in the game engine and were never used, and files that were not implemented at release but have been restored by patches.
Notable unused voice files for Dak'kon are:
- DAK003B: "I follow you only so I might die."
- DAK024A: "Do not trust these shadows of yourself."
- DAK028: "This is the place where all life ends."
- DAK047B: "You are not *known* to this one."