In combat, dexterity influences a character's ability to avoid getting hit by an enemy, and gives him a better (lower) Armor Class.
Aside from increasing Dexterity with character points acquired at level up, The Nameless One has some opportunities throughout the game to increase his dexterity permanently:
- +1 from the 7th level Thief specialization
- +2 from the 12th level Thief specialization
- +1 from Xachariah's Heart at the Mortuary after Dead Nations
- +2 from the Ancient Scroll
That makes the maximum permanent gain to dexterity possible +6, +3 without specializations and +1 without the Ancient Scroll.
Some tattoos grant a bonus to dexterity while equipped:
- +1, Tattoo of Action
- +1, Tattoo of Annah
- +1, Tattoo of the Thief (Requires level 7 thief specialization)
- +2, Tattoo of Greater Action
- +3, Tattoo of the Master Thief (Requires level 7 and 12 thief specializations)
And some weapons: