- "These corpses don't have much left in the attic." —Morte
The Mortuary contains a wide number of undead workers who all have a particular contract number, given to them before their death. The workers seen in the Mortuary had all signed the Dead Contract by which one is paid during their life so that their bodies can be reanimated as living dead workers. Once they have passed on, the workers are brought to the Mortuary and are Raised by the current scribe. They are first raised as zombies, with some workers later being raised again as skeletons. This is a list of all the zombies and skeletons within the Mortuary.
- See also: Zombie
Stories Bones TellEdit
- First floor: Zombie Worker 331 / Xachariah
- Second floor: Zombie Worker 78 / 506
- Third floor: final Zombie Worker
First floor Edit
- Zombie 331. This corpse was once a companion to one of the Nameless One's prior incarnations. See Xachariah.
- Zombie #732. This corpse is carrying a Tome of Bone and Ash.
Second floor Edit
- Zombie 78: Found on the second floor in the Northeast Preparation Room, shuffling between two slabs. The number 506 is stitched onto to corpse multiple times, but a needle and thread can be removed from the zombie's forehead using a scalpel (100XP), which reveals the number 78 carved into its skull.
- Zombie 257: Found on the second floor in the Northeast Preparation Room, this zombie has close-set, crooked eyes. Its number is traced into its bruised forehead, but it has taken several blows which have made the number difficult to read.
- Zombie 396: Found on the second floor in the Receiving Room. This corpse is shuffling from slab to slab bandaging corpses, but will not notice if the Nameless One takes them. His number is carved into his left temple.
- Zombie 506: See Zombie 78.
- Zombie 569: Found on the second floor in the Southwest Preparation Room. This corpse looks as if it has been dead for several years, and has been badly damaged. A contract number can be seen on its skull after peeling the skin from its forehead. Bandages can be taken from the corpse after it has been disposed of.
- Zombie 594: Found on the second floor, in the room to the west of the Southwest Preparation Room. It is a female zombie whose skin is paper-thin and wispy. Her number is scratched into her forehead with a charcoal pencil.
- Zombie 626: Found on the second floor, in the room to the west of the Southwest Preparation Room. The left side of this woman's face was caved in with a club and her flesh sags in bruised, swollen clumps. The number is stitched into the corpse's right cheek, below the eye.
- Zombie 782: Found on the second floor in the Southwest Preparation Room (X=1250 Y=2870). Its number is carved into its forehead. The corpse is carrying the Preparation Room Key and must be fought in order to obtain it.
- Zombie 821: Not actually a zombie, but an Anarchist spy named Vaxis.
- Zombie 825: Found on the second floor in the Southwest Preparation Room. This corpse's head lolls back and forth on its shoulders - the result of the person being hanged. The zombie's number is painted on the side of its head. Its heavily-bandaged hands will yield bandages if the corpse is disposed of.
- Zombie 891: Found on the second floor in the room east of the Southwest Preparation Room. This female zombie is missing her ears, nose and lips. Her teeth are visible through the stitched up slit in her mouth, and her contract number is written onto the caved in flesh of her brow.
- Zombie 965: Found on the second floor in the room to the west of the Southwest Preparation Room. This zombie had been given a task to complete, but had not been given a new task upon completion. As such, it repeatedly lumbers along the same triangular path. He is walking the rule of three.
- Zombie 985: Found on the second floor in the Northeast Preparation Room. This male zombie's left leg is infected with tomb rot or corpse mold, and it can barely keep its balance. If the Nameless One interacts with it, it will topple over, leaving the Nameless One holding its now detached arm. Rot and rigor mortis have left the arm stiff as wood, which allows for its use as a club (1-6 crushing damage, 3 weight, cannot be used by mages).
- Zombie 1072: Found on the second floor in the Receiving Room. This female zombie smells strongly of recently applied formaldehyde, as she is in an advanced stage of decay. Her jaw is missing and some of the flesh has sloughed off of her skull, revealing the contract number chiseled into her bone.
- Zombie 1094: Found on the second floor in the Receiving Room. The reek of formaldehyde wafts off it. It has pallid, sunken features, but appears to have once been a handsome man.
- Zombie 1096: Found on the second floor in the Receiving Room. The female zombie is making its rounds from slab to slab. Her hair is knotted in a long braid which is looped around her neck like a noose. The number is stenciled into her forehead.
- Zombie 1201: Found on the second floor in the Receiving Room.
- Zombie 1664: Found on the second floor in the room east of the Receiving Room. It is a heavy-set corpse in good condition, standing in the corner of the room facing the wall. He died very recently, and has a freshly stitched number on his forehead. The zombie serves as a librarian and is carrying a large stack of books and Mortuary ledgers. From them the Receiving Log Page can be taken - the last page from the Receiving Room Logbook.
Third floor Edit
- Zombie 79: Examining the marks on this zombie allow the Nameless One to open the Ancient Copper Earring found on the Mortuary Second Floor, which increases its value.
- Skeleton 42: After completing Ei-Vene's quest on the second floor, the Nameless One can remember having stashed items in zombie 42. Interacting with this skeleton yields the items.