Litany of Curses is one of Morte's special abilities.
- "Morte can draw upon his repertoire of insults to taunt an opponent into lowering his guard and attacking. The target suffers penalties to hit and damage when enraged."
While "taunted," the target:
- Suffers -2 to hit, -2 to AC, and a -2 to damage;
- Is forced to attack Morte with their fists.
The Litany of Curses is innate to Morte.
New Taunts Edit
- "New taunts, all right!" —Morte
When Morte learns "New taunts!", he is actually getting a +1 bonus to his Litany of Curses (lowering his enemy's chance to save by 1).
The accumulation of taunts is separate to the actual taunt abilities that Morte acquires when leveling up.
Listed here are some ways Morte can improve his Litany of Curses:
- Any harlot in the Hive, after the Nameless One denies Morte's request to spend time with her by saying that he's "probably saving him from dying twice." She insults the Nameless One, teaching Morte some "new taunts."
- Brokah and Miccah's Pawnshop in the Lower Ward. Only available during the first conversation with the couple that owns the store; afterwards they still argue, but Morte learns nothing.
- After finding Craddock in the Marketplace Area for Baen the Sender, find Jhelai in the Smoldering Corpse Area for Craddock. Jhelai's message back to Craddock is nothing compared to what Craddock says when he hears it.
- Kimasxi Adder-Tongue, one of Fall-from-Grace's students in the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts. Ask her to help Morte improve his insults.
- The Gangroighydon statue in the Art and Curio Galleria. Use the Gorgon Salve from Vrischika's Curiosity Shoppe to release him.
List of taunts:
- "You filthy stinkards."
- "You father of trolls!"
- "You poxy bastard."
- "Stupid yabbo!"
- "You dog's body!"
- "Your sheer ugliness stabs pain into my eyes."
- "You've got a face only a sledgehammer could love... And HAS!"
- "Your face is just begging to be kicked."
- "What a perfectly good waste of arms and legs."
- "Pike that!"
- "Filthy sod."
- "Flies wouldn't even rest on your carcass."
- "Ugh, you alley bred dog!"
- "Plane swine!"
- "You leatherhead."
- "Prime scum."
- "She has the personality of a patch of razorvine, and twice as ugly."
- "You blathering idiot!"
- "Choke on a bone, you witless ape!"
- "Aw, squit." (Inaudible. Replaced with "Even fifty swigs of brandy wouldn't make you look good." in Fixpack 4.0)
- "I am *not* taunting that, no way." Only used against enemies that are substantially more powerful than Morte, depending on his level (Replaced with "You know, if I gotta slam my eyeballs against you one more second I'm gonna puke." in Fixpack 4.0)