- "Maybe it's a collector's item."
There are a few different ways the cube can be used. The first and most obvious is as a portal to the Modron Maze. In order to do that, a series of steps must be followed:
- The cube must be purchased.
- The group of modrons lingering within the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts must be asked about it (they are standing near the center of the building, X=1040, Y=1020).
- After this, the cube's extremities must be interacted with in a specific order (select the "use" option from within the inventory screen):
- left knee (already used by TNO when trying out the first sequence);
- left wing;
- right wing;
- right arm.
The cube can thereafter be used to access the Modron Maze.
- Coaxmetal wishes to possess the cube to escape its imprisonment within the Siege Tower. It will ask TNO for it after his return from Carceri. Giving the cube to it grants 12,000 XP, and it will give the Nameless One the Entropic Blade.
- The cube can be given to the Pillar of Skulls in return for answered questions, since every answer they give must be paid for somehow.
Note that if you have a Portal Lens (randomly found within the maze itself), you can use it to access the Modron Maze, making the Modron Cube itself unnecessary. It is recommended that you acquire one before giving the cube up.