The 3rd Floor of the Mortuary houses the crematorium, where corpses of people who have not signed a Death Contract are incinerated instead of being raised.
This floor is filled with Dustmen, skeletons, and zombies on duty, and they will turn hostile to any intruder. To wander the floor freely, The Nameless One can either get disguised as a zombie by Vaxis on the second floor, or tell any inquiring Dustman that he is here to see someone (either mentioning Dhall, or asking for Adahn – the latter of which increases his chaotic value).
To view X, Y coordinates in-game, press L.
Click the map to enlarge it.
- Charcoal Charm (X=3320 Y=1250)
- Needle & Thread (X=2150 Y=850)
- Bandages (X=1950 Y=450)
- Locked container (X=1800 Y=500), can be bashed open with a prybar
- Clot Charm (X=1650 Y=500)
- Container (X=1400 Y=500)
- Mortuary Task List
- Dustman Embalming Charm, Lesser
- Skeleton at (X=730 Y=925). Mortuary Reminder Message
- Junk (X=1400 Y=950)
- Needle & Thread (X=280 Y=1800)
- Junk (X=2900 Y=1850)
- Iron Prybar (X=2050 Y=2330)
- Dustman Request (X=1900 Y=2330)
- Locked container (X=1770 Y=2360), can be bashed open
- Skeleton at (X=1990 Y=1300)
- Mortuary Sanctum Key (X=850 Y=2000)
- Hammer (X=620 Y=1470)
The Iron Spikes, Clubs, and Leather Straps from the skeletons are useless and cannot be sold, and are worth zero Copper commons anyway.
There are many zombies, skeletons and Dustmen on this floor, but only a few are notable:
- Zombie #79, who has markings that reveal the mechanism of the Ancient Copper Earring, making it more valuable.
- Skeleton #42, who yields a few useful items if The Nameless One recovered a memory after completing Ei-Vene's quest on the second floor.
- Main article: Alignment
Attempting to talk to the skeletons and zombies and taunting Morte when he chimes in makes The Nameless One more Chaotic. Torment does not reward Chaotic players at all except with an aesthetic bonus and some meager items for using an alias (which is counted as lying and Chaotic). It is most advantageous to accumulate as many Lawful points as possible, to at least take advantage of the two Tear of Salieru-Dei consumable items, each of which gives a character a permanent +1 to Constitution, if not the +3 to Strength given by Vhailor later in the game to characters who are especially Lawful.
|Mortuary Area (Mortuary | Gathering Dust Bar | Mausoleum) • Northwestern Area • Marketplace Area • Smoldering Corpse Area (Smoldering Corpse Bar | Fell's Tattoo Parlor) • Alley of Dangerous Angles • Ragpicker's Square|
|Under the Hive|
|Trash Warrens • Buried Village (Pharod's Court) • Weeping Stone Catacombs • Dead Nations • Warrens of Thought • Drowned Nations • Tomb of the Nameless One|
|Tenement of Thugs • Alley of Lingering Sighs • Lower Ward (Great Foundry | Bones of the Night) • Clerk's Ward (Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts | Civic Festhall) • Undersigil|
|Player's Maze • Modron Maze • Black-Barbed Maze|
|Outlands and Hells|
|Outer Curst (Traitor's Gate Tavern) • Inner Curst • Curst Underground • Curst Prison • Outlands • Baator (Pillar of Skulls) • Curst Gone • Curst in Carceri • Curst Administration|
|Fortress of Regrets|
|Fortress Entrance • Fortress Main Hall • Trial of Impulse • Maze of Reflections • Fortress Roof|