The Nameless One and his party arrive here from the portal in the Black-Barbed Maze.
- Traitor's Gate Tavern (X=2630 Y=1390)
- Crumplepunch the Blacksmith's Shop (X=1300 Y=1400)
- Grain Silo (X=2450 Y=660)
- Inner Curst (X=450 Y=300)
To view X, Y coordinates in-game, press L.
Click the map to enlarge it.
Fountain (X=2180 Y=550)
- 134 Copper Commons
Junk pile (X=1820 Y=1980)
Bin (X=760 Y=830)
- 213 Copper Commons
Crate (X=500 Y=1750)
Hidden pile (X=2790 Y=350)
It is here in Curst, Ravel said, that Trias the Deva Angel keeps The Nameless One's Mortality. It is backwards day; the Deva is in prison, and The Nameless One (TNO) needs to find a way into prison. So one way is to do all the things one normally would not do to stay out of prison, including sneaking into prison, or confessing to crimes, especially ones one has not committed yet. But these will not get XP; doing favors for people and other quests are the path to that and the most dialogue content. In a town filled with treacherous people, that may mean doing their dirty work. The party gets 10,000 XP upon arrival here. Amidst the human denizens of Curst, wild Lim-Lims and Tricha birds wander the streets.
It is recommended that players DO NOT go take the option that seems plausibly clever, to go exploring down the tunnel entrance in the center of the #Curst Dump; once in the Curst Underground, the tunnel entrance caves in behind, and with that one false move, the player will miss out on all the fun to be had in Curst. Reload time. Same goes for going through the Tavern entrance; once down in the Curst Underground, there is no going back.
- Assemble the Key
- Unnamed quest with Roberta
Outer Curst Edit
This is the area that the party teleports to from Ravel's Maze
Container loot, from south to north:
- Blood Fly Charm 1820, 1980
- 72 Copper, Clot Charm, Adder's Tear 500, 1730
- 213 Copper 60, 820
- 134 Copper 2180, 550
- Displacer Ring, Whispering Flask 2800, 350
- "Don't you trust anyone here, ya got me?" - Annah
- Roberta has decided the only good cheating husband is a dead, no longer cheating husband. Wanders from a point between the Blacksmith and the building to the west of it, northwest to the zone wall at 80, 1040, south of the exit to #Inner Curst. Kiri in #Inner Curst will do the dirty deed for her. Should the player decide to turn in Roberta, she will be in Curst Prison, her husband having taken up with Kiri. As with anyone else The Nameless One reports to the Guards, she will have spent her time thinking of rude things to say to TNO.
- Dump Caretaker in the Dump south / bottom of map
- Exit to sub-area: #Curst Bar and Grill at 2600, 1350
- Exit to #Inner Curst area: 500, 300
- Exit to #Blacksmith's Shop 1280, 1420
- Exit to #Distillery 2500, 2550
- Exit to #Grain Silo 2450, 670
Curst Dump Edit
Outdoor area; the Dump Caretaker Kyse is here, with a request to deal with the Thug leader Wernet in #Inner Curst that is part of the quest series in the Tavern, specifically, Nabat's task.
DO NOT go through the exit to the Curst Underground in the center of the dump, there is no way back, see above.
Traitor's Gate Tavern Edit
- Main article: Traitor's Gate Tavern
Blacksmith's Shop Edit
As thief class or with Annah, Special abilities > Disable traps. Then Special again, or Bash, to unlock containers. Otherwise Crumblepunch will go hostile
The Fiend Femur here, usable only by non-Lawful, non-Good characters, is not much better than a slap in the face to club users, and Neutral, Chaotic and Evil characters. Why? One, one of the two best weapons in the game is coming up, usable only by Lawful Good characters. Two, the Femur is weak in damage, like all the club class, while the upcoming weapon can be changed to any weapon type. And finally, this legbone of a Fiend is weaker than another club weapon available in the same store that has no alignment restrictions. And as noted earlier in area articles earlier in the game, the Hammers do not get any stronger, while the Daggers and Punch Daggers do, and this borne out by the presence of a weaker hammer than the Hammer of Comminution available an hour or two earlier at the Curiosity Shop
Jagged Bolts, Bolts of Whistling Doom (Crossbow bolts), Knife
Five Battle Axe, Three of Zephyr Bolts and Hammer of Quality
Two: Phantom Dagger, Notched Dagger, Enchanted Hammer, Magic Punch Daggers, Siphon Knuckles
One: Assassin's Knuckles, Blind Terror club, Fiend Femur club, Foolsmiter hammer
Crumplepunch will give a significant discount on his weapons (and higher prices for items sold to him) if TNO gives the entire inheritance to him, or if TNO splits the inheritance between the brothers. He will only raise his prices if TNO gives the entire inheritance to Kester
Grain Silo Edit
Upstairs: a Pentagram
- Agril-Shanak, demon. 60,000 XP for Scroll of summoning it. It gives the Heartgrinder axe as a reward for being freed, and there is no alignment shift for freeing it. Leave both Agril-Shanak and Tek'elach (in the Curst Underground) alive, and they will appear in Curst in Carceri, fighting each other by the Barracks.
- The hulking brute looks to be dangerous, as does its AC -7, and 100 Resistance to Acid, Fire, and Cold, but with its 100 HP, it will probably not survive two rounds against a party with +2 or better weapons (or just keep running out of range, and bid it hello from Fall-from-Grace's little friend, Call Lightning, twice). It gives 12,000 XP when defeated, and drops the Heartgrinder as loot. The Fiend's Blood Dagger drops as well, but it is cursed, so sells for 1 copper, and a third piece of random loot is also poor. Note that the Spiked Gauntlets of Ogre Power, powerful as they are, are only +1.
Not exactly a bug, but more dangerous to the player's game, is the easily accessible one-way entrance to Curst Underground which has the potentially to deprive the player of the entire Curst experience. For Speed Run players, of course, it is a gift from heaven
- ↑ http://www.tgdb.net/pc/faq/7955/Planescape_Torment-page7.html by Nicholas Yu, The Game Database
- ↑ http://speeddemosarchive.com/PlanescapeTorment.html
|Mortuary Area (Mortuary | Gathering Dust Bar | Mausoleum) • Northwestern Area • Marketplace Area • Smoldering Corpse Area (Smoldering Corpse Bar | Fell's Tattoo Parlor) • Alley of Dangerous Angles • Ragpicker's Square|
|Under the Hive|
|Trash Warrens • Buried Village (Pharod's Court) • Weeping Stone Catacombs • Dead Nations • Warrens of Thought • Drowned Nations • Tomb of the Nameless One|
|Tenement of Thugs • Alley of Lingering Sighs • Lower Ward (Great Foundry | Bones of the Night) • Clerk's Ward (Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts | Civic Festhall) • Undersigil|
|Player's Maze • Modron Maze • Black-Barbed Maze|
|Outlands and Hells|
|Outer Curst (Traitor's Gate Tavern) • Inner Curst • Curst Underground • Curst Prison • Outlands • Baator (Pillar of Skulls) • Curst Gone • Curst in Carceri • Curst Administration|
|Fortress of Regrets|
|Fortress Entrance • Fortress Main Hall • Trial of Impulse • Maze of Reflections • Fortress Roof|