The Tenement of Thugs is a building accessed through a painted door in the Smoldering Corpse Area.
The only exit, leading to the Alley of Lingering Sighs, requires a key that can be found on the mage located on the third floor. The key can be taken via a fight or using TNO or Annah's Pick Pockets skill.
To view X, Y coordinates in-game, press L.
Click the map to enlarge it.
- 220 Copper (X=550 Y=1415)
- 2 Bandages (X=1450 Y=1510)
- 5 Copper (X=1320 Y=1030)
- Blood Fly Charm (X=1400 Y=2930)
- 147 Copper (X=1780 Y=2200)
- Silver Bracelet (X=2230 Y=1980)
- Iron Prybar (X=2500 Y=2500)
- 75 Copper (X=3480 Y=2280)
- Bone Dagger (X=3480 Y=2280)
- 4 Clot Charms (X=2550 Y=480)
- 95 Copper
- 46 Copper (X=610 Y=2040)
- 121 Copper (X=2340 Y=2600, trapped container)
- Tenement Key (X=2940 Y=340, on a mage)
Fixpack changes Edit
Qwinn's Fixpack introduces a major overhaul of this area.
"[The Tenement of Thugs] is COMPLETELY revamped by my Fixpack. Originally, it was a completely trivial and easily bypassed area. It is now what it was meant to be: a thieves' playground! Here is a list of the changes.
- In the unfixed game, in the southwestern room (not counting the bathroom), there is a "secret" door (which isn't secret at all due to a broken mechanic, it appears easily to anyone in range) near the (x 400 y 2500) exit that allows you to bypass this entire area easily. This door will now ONLY be useful if you are a Chaosman and you have convinced Tiresias to tell you where it is.
- In the unfixed game, all thugs in the area are initially hostile (red circle) and thus cannot be pickpocketed. They will now only go hostile if they actually -see- you. This means that you or Annah can get the key from the mage on the top floor via stealth and pickpocketing, so there is still a way to get through the area without much combat. The hostility fix also fixes the annoying problem that you couldn't save your game anywhere in this area until most thugs were dead.
- As part of a larger fix, the thugs in the big room can now actually run after you. Previously, they were so slow that you could also evade the entire area by opening the big main doors and then just running someone to the exit while they waddled after you. You won't find that nearly as easy anymore.
The net effect of these changes is that getting through this area now requires a modicum of thought and effort, and in my opinion it's a lot more fun now."
|Mortuary Area (Mortuary | Gathering Dust Bar | Mausoleum) • Northwestern Area • Marketplace Area • Smoldering Corpse Area (Smoldering Corpse Bar | Fell's Tattoo Parlor) • Alley of Dangerous Angles • Ragpicker's Square|
|Under the Hive|
|Trash Warrens • Buried Village (Pharod's Court) • Weeping Stone Catacombs • Dead Nations • Warrens of Thought • Drowned Nations • Tomb of the Nameless One|
|Tenement of Thugs • Alley of Lingering Sighs • Lower Ward (Great Foundry | Bones of the Night) • Clerk's Ward (Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts | Civic Festhall) • Undersigil|
|Player's Maze • Modron Maze • Black-Barbed Maze|
|Outlands and Hells|
|Outer Curst (Traitor's Gate Tavern) • Inner Curst • Curst Underground • Curst Prison • Outlands • Baator (Pillar of Skulls) • Curst Gone • Curst in Carceri • Curst Administration|
|Fortress of Regrets|
|Fortress Entrance • Fortress Main Hall • Trial of Impulse • Maze of Reflections • Fortress Roof|