|This page contains information about content that has not yet been released and is subject to change.|
You can help Torment Wiki by updating the page when more information becomes available.
The Tides are an invisible but powerful force in Torment: Tides of Numenera 's Ninth World. They are described as similar to magnetism or gravity, an intrinsic part of the world, but they are forces linked to morality and behavior, and have a long-lasting impact on those attuned to them.
Few people in the Ninth World know the Tides even exist, but even creatures who are not sentient can be innately attuned to them. Those who know about them assigned colors to each specific Tide, based on how they seem to correlate with emotional and psychological reactions.
Tides in Torment: Tides of Numenera serve as a more elaborate alignment system, based on actions, not motivations. The Last Castoff's attunement will evolve depending on their actions in game, and affect their Legacy.
Tides[edit | edit source]
- Blue Tide: Tide linked to wisdom, reason, enlightenment, knowledge and mysticism. Philosophers and madmen both can be linked to this Tide.
- Gold Tide: Tide that represents empathy, compassion, charity and sacrifice. Those attuned to this Tide can just as well be philanthropists as they can be crime lords who care for their community for their own gain.
- Indigo Tide: Tide symbolizing justice, equity, compromise and the greater good. Lawmakers as well as tyrants can be associated with this tide.
- Red Tide: Tide representing emotion, passion, action, pathos and zeal. Those associated with this Tide can be artists, revolutionaries or zealots.
- Silver Tide: Tide linked to fame, admiration and power. Those attuned to this Tide want to leave their mark on history, or influence others.
Tidal surge[edit | edit source]
The Last Castoff is able, thanks to their conscious attunement, to use the Tides in their favor, with different effects depending on the situation.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Tide System resembles the colors of Mana from Magic: the Gathering, with Indigo being White, Gold being Green, Silver being Black, and Blue and Red staying the same.
References[edit | edit source]
- Torment Update 24 on the official Torment tumblr. November 6, 2013