Vrischika's Curiosity Shoppe, also known as The Curiosity Shoppe, is an exotic items store owned by Vrischika the Importer and maintained by her servant, Standish. The shop is found in the southeast area of the Clerk's Ward and is accessible about halfway through the game. It is an ovoid building with an unusually long flight of stairs leading up to it. From it can be bought a large variety of objects, both exquisite and rare.
Store Characteristics Edit
- See Store (PS:T) for more information on markups and steal failure.
This store allows the buying, selling, and identifying of items. The Nameless One can attempt to steal from Vrischika, but it is recommended to save before doing so due to the high steal failure rate.
- Sell Markup: 120%
- Buy Markup: 80%
- Identifying Cost: 100 Coppers
- Steal Failure: 95% [Note: this can be drastically reduced by stacking Dirty Rat Charms and using Luck, along with high base lockpicking (to reach 150% lockpicking success rate before Luck)]
Vrischika sells normal magical items and exotic items, some of which are used in quests; (e.g. examining a bloodstained ground glass lens in the back of the shop leads to the Ghysis the Crooked quest). Using the Metallic Cube leads to the Modron Maze. Praying to the Lady of Pain Doll sends TNO to the Player's Maze, as does killing townspeople, and praying to Aoskar in the cathedral in the Alley of Dangerous Angles.
Items for Sale Edit
Regular stock Edit
|Ashes of the Pabulum||Misc||1|
|Charm of Infinite Recall||Charm||Unlimited|
|Eye of Vecna*||Eye||1|
|Hammer of Comminution||Hammer||1|
|Heart of the Fosterer||Artifact||1|
|Lens of Inherent Viciousness||Lens||Unlimited|
|Scroll of Cloudkill||Scroll||1|
|Tear of Salieru-Dei||Artifact||1|
|Teeth of the Fire Drake||Teeth||Unlimited|
*Eye of Vecna restored with Qwinn's PS:T Ultimate WeiDu Fixpack.
- Hammer of Comminution, 14,400 coppers: a very powerful weapon for this stage of the game, but daggers and punch daggers end up more damaging. Few better hammers appear to replace it.
Exotic Items Edit
Front of the store:
- Baby Oil: has no uses and cannot be purchased.
- Chocolate Quasit, 199 coppers: can be given to Quell, in the private sensorium.
- Codex of the Inconceivable, 1000 coppers: grants 1,000 XP when read.
- Deva's Tears, 100 coppers if purchased before they are needed for Ecco – 1,000 coppers after: removes the unwanted side effects of the Fiend's Tongue on Ecco.
- Elixir of Horrific Separation, 200 coppers: cures the alchemist's condition caused by polymorph potion abuse (rewards 6,000 XP and 10 Clot Charms).
Middle of the store:
- Fiend's Tongue, 66 coppers: restores Ecco's ability to speak, with one unwanted side effect (see Deva's Tears).
- Gorgon Salve, 100 coppers: can be used on the Gangroighydon statue in the Art and Curio Galleria for 4,000 XP. A Godsmen Forge Hammer can be used on the statue first to obtain the Mad Splinter. This also nets 4,000 XP; the hammer can be obtained at the Great Foundry in the Lower Ward.
- Metallic Cube, 1,500 coppers: the Modron Cube is both the key and portal to the Modron Maze, where the optional party member Nordom can be found.
- Monster Jug, 100 coppers: using it releases a hostile Gehreleth.
Back of the Store:
- "Stained Lens", 149 coppers: upon examination, loot from the Blood War, redolent of the memories of a hardened warrior. Simply looking at it can lead to blackmail or other less dirty deeds involving Ghysis the Crooked. Should it be purchased, yields the anti-climactic and near-useless Beer Goggles.
- Yevrah's Ring of Almost Invisibility, 349 coppers: +1 to AC.
- Rune-Covered Ale Stein, 299 coppers: can be used to capture some ice from the "Dark Birds of Ocanthus" sculpture in the Art and Curio Galleria. See Dolora for more information on that quest.
- Tattered Rag Doll (Lady of Pain Rag Doll), 99 coppers: a doll that can be used to reach the Player's Maze. One of three ways to be "mazed." Another such doll can be found as loot in Pharod's stash.
Items willing to buy Edit
Vrischika will basically buy anything from TNO.
Most merchants, including Gonclave himself, will not buy Annah or Fall-from-Grace's original armors once they are replaced, but Vrischika will. This is true of other equipment most merchants do not want, as well.